I’m not sure what I was thinking when I told Rusty I wanted a new blog header. It seemed easy enough, but as Russ will tell you, I am rarely realistic about how long it will take for somebody else to complete a job I have asked them to do.
Last night we started out with a nice little background that had a vintage pattern. I’m always drawn to vintage fabrics in quilts and this one seemed nice. We played with the background, adjusting colors, layers, gradients, and all kinds of things about which I know absolutely nothing. It was fun; I was bonding with Rusty, sitting side-by-side at the computer, being creative together. I felt great.
An hour or more later we added the new family photo, which seemed like a good idea. When people land on my blog, I like them to see who I am. While I may not be in the photo, at least they will be realistic when they see eleven children, and they won’t expect long, intellectual posts. The photo was a little large, so we cropped it into an oval to make room for text.
After the photo we added the blog name, but by now my brain was about to shut down and I couldn’t stay focused enough to choose a font or to update the tag line. I finally told Rusty just to upload it and we would look at in the morning.
Imagine my surprise when I talked to my friend, Kimberly, this morning and she said, “Wow, it looks so old-fashioned”. I clicked on my blog and saw all of the elements together for the first time and realized we had unintentionally created an “old-timey” look. There was the vintage background, an oval-shaped, sepia photo, and a slightly curvy font for my blog name. I had to laugh.
We’ll try again soon, but for now my old blog header is back up and my brain is recovering.
This post may contain Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.