Please take a moment to read this beautiful family’s blog. They are missionaries in Thailand and need our prayers for their baby, Olive Hope. Their faith and courage are remarkable.
Lynette’s cousin shared the family’s needs with me:
1. PRAYERS!!!! We know that God can wash healing through Olive’s heart, lungs, brain, eyes and every part of her little body.
2. Financial assistance. While they are unsure how much they will need beyond their insurance company’s coverage, it is clear that they will need assistance. If she continues to hang on, they would like to pursue some surgical intervention to help relieve swelling in her brain … but that will be BIG BUCKS.
3. Support. The family has felt love and support from so many, and it is what has carried them through so far. Whether Olive lives or goes to be with Jesus, this will be a long road for them, and they need all the support they can get.
4. If anyone knows someone who works for AETNA … it would be great if their case could be reviewed and reconsidered. Costs for a premature infant quickly rise into hundreds of thousands of dollars, and a $50,000 cap on care is ludicrous when there is a life hanging in the balance. (This figure was arrived at after much discussion and pleading. The original cap was $25,000.)
* Their full story is available on their blog at: http://rustylynette.blogspot.com/
* You can find The Olive Hope Care Fund on Facebook – There will be a drawing on Nov 6 for a free laptop! Anyone who has donated (any amount) by that time is eligible to win.
* A group of Facebookers praying for Olive can be joined at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=163924323419&ref=search&sid=560643021.4249670749..1
This post may contain Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.