It’s nearly Thanksgiving and there are several things floating through my mind I want to be sure to tell you.
1. Amazon Deal of the Day: From now through December I will watch the deals and share the best ones on my One Thankful Mom Facebook page. When you use my links to enter the Amazon site, I make a (very) small commission on your purchases and it doesn’t cost you a penny. It’s a huge blessing to my family and a great way to support the free content on my site.
2. The Refresh Conference is the first weekend of March and it is amazing! It’s great for moms and dads, which makes it unique – the men love it. I am speaking at/leading the Mom’s Early Morning gathering which is limited to the first 250 women who select it with their registration. We’ll have a light breakfast and gather to talk about Courage and Endurance in the foster/adoption journey. I would LOVE to see you there.
3. If you like planning ahead, I also just committed to speak at the Deeply Loved retreat in beautiful western Montana October 26-28, 2018. I’m already praying and thinking about what I will share with the women there; I hope you’ll be one of them. I’ll share the link when registration opens.
4. Have you seen the new jewelry in my Etsy shop? Cate and I had a great time dreaming up new designs. I love so many of them; I’ve been wearng my “foster love” necklace quite a bit and love the tiny hearts and circle charms too. Now through the end of the month, we have a buy 3 get one free sale. When you sign up for my Friends Letter by 11/28, you are automatically entered to win a necklace of your choice from our new collections.
5. Are you looking for a special and useful gift for your child? My friend, Gina, makes the most beautiful weighted blankets. She will customize a blanket just for you (adults love them too) or your child. She is also incredibly fast and making and shipping them. Wogauyu loves his blanket with Seattle Seahawks fabric on one side and blue minky on the other. I don’t make a commission when you buy one – I just think these are amazing enough to share.
6. Advent begins Sunday, December 3rd. I have a post coming, but if you want to get a jump start, the candles are often hard to find in just the right colors. I order mine from Amazon. I prefer the five candle set with a white candle that is lit on Christmas day, but the four candle set is all you need.
Our older kids begin rolling in tonight. We can’t wait to see them; the boys have been asking every day when the big kids will arrive. We won’t have Hannah (in Cincinnati) or Isaiah (in St. Louis) with us, but everyone else will be here. This morning my mind is full of all I need to accomplish, but soon the holiday will begin and we’ll have plenty of food, and fun, and laughter. I’m looking forward to it.
I won’t be blogging through the weekend, but I will post on my One Thankful Mom Instagram feed and story. I recently posted a video clip of shopping at Costco with three teen girls and it makes me laugh every time I watch it.
If you haven’t read my recent post, When Shame Holds Us Back, I hope you will. It’s got pieces of my heart all through it.
If life is hard, make a list of ten (or even five) things you are thankful for today; gratitude is good for the soul. We are alive because of God’s goodness to us. Take a moment to do something that brings you joy: take a walk, read a book for ten minutes that isn’t about adoption or hard kids, listen to music or a good podcast (The Next Right Thing is good for calm reflection) while you cook, light a candle.
I send you my love on this Thanksgiving weekend. If joy and gratitude don’t come easily – run after them, if only for a moment.
With courage and hope for the journey,