My Thankful Life Editorial Guidelines
My Thankful Life is a series written by my readers. One Thankful Mom is a place for all of us to gather and encourage one another – hearing from you makes it so much better!
Please be familiar with One Thankful Mom before submitting content.
1. An original, unpublished post approximately 600 – 800 words in length. I want to offer my readers a peek into a day in your life – share what you are passionate about, how you spend your days and why.
Email this to me as an attached Word document at [email protected] with My Thankful Life in the subject line.
2. A link to your blog, if you have one. You are also welcome to close the post with an invitation to readers and a link to your site.
3. Your social media handles.
4. Your willingness to promote the post on your own site and social media when it is published.
5. A high-quality photo of you/your family. You are welcome to include up to two additional photos with your post if you like.
If your article is selected for publication, I will notify you with a publication date. By submitting your article you are giving me permission to publish it on One Thankful Mom. I reserve the right to format it in a way that makes it readable on a website e.g. breaking up long paragraphs, adding bold, italic, etc.
My tips for writing a great article:
1. Write in your own voice and tell your own story. You are unique and so is your life.
2. Edit well and stick to the word limit. Read it aloud (always helpful), and ask a few friends to read it.
3. Share your story, then share it some more. I’ll let you know your publication date in advance. Plan how and where you’ll share your article. Your family and friends will be excited to support you.
I can’t wait to hear from you, friend.
with hope and gratitude,