It’s Friday and the end of a long week with Russ out of town. There isn’t much that is harder for me than having Russ away for an extended period of time. We’ve had lots of prayers and my big kids helped me as they could; I’m happy to say that we made it through without too many challenges.
Here are some bits of randomness for Friday:
- I have some give-aways coming up courtesy of Empowered to Connect! Keep watching for a chance to win a copy of The Connected Child and the companion book, Created to Connect: A Christian’s Guide to The Connected Child.
- I also have detailed instructions from the creator of Dimples’ weighted blanket which I hope to share soon. I know several of you are waiting for these, I just need to get the instructions laid out in a way that will work on the blog.
- In the midst of lots of craziness last Sunday, Eby swallowed a penny. I told him not to worry about it because it would come out when he went to the bathroom. That night I was tucking him in and he began to cry, “My penis hurts, my penis hurts. I think the penny is trying to come out!” I had to try very hard not to laugh when I explained it wouldn’t come out that way.
- Little Man has been quite a handful lately, so we are spending our days reviewing, “How do we obey? Right away, all the way, with a good attitude every day!”
- Ladybug has her first X-country race today. I really wish I could go cheer her on, but it is an away race and with school pick up and the rest of life, I can’t make it.
- The Italian Prune Plums are ripe on our tree. I never know quite what to call them since prunes have a somewhat negative association for me (prune juice – horrors!), but I looked online and it appears that they are most often called prune plums, which sounds good to me. The kids are having fun picking them; Sunshine even picked a small branch to sketch in her Nature Journal.
- This week I’ve been fairly successful at going to bed early and getting up early as well. I am finishing reading Margin and set aside The Hole in the Gospel (I’ll get back to it soon) in order to read Love and War. My bookgroup is reading The Help which I read last summer and really enjoyed; I think we’ll have an interesting discussion.
- Sweet Pea is picking Russ up at the airport and will be spending the weekend with us. I am looking forward to her visit and thinking about dragging her along to a local Alpaca farm that is having an open house on Saturday. Nature journals anyone?
Have a wonderful Friday!
[This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.]
This post may contain Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.