Thank you to everyone who entered my giveaway for The Connected Child and the companion guide, Created to Connect! I wish I had 79 copies to give away. Rusty is going to help me figure out how many total entries there are and then randomly select the three winners.
[This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.]
Today is Little Man’s birthday! My baby is four. Can I just admit that it is bittersweet for me? He is an amazing little boy, and I love watching him grow up, but he is my last baby, and I love mothering babies.
We celebrated his birthday last night with spaghetti and chocolate cake. He loved his Playdough Ice Cream Factory and his dollar store flashlight and sword. Today he had his birthday cereal and I hope to get some nice photos of him that I will share later.
I’m packing our bags for a trip to Seattle. We usually have therapy appointments on Mondays, but every three months we also have appointments at Seattle Children’s and our clinic only sees patients on Thursday afternoons. I’m picking up Honeybee, Dimples, and their friend Jubilee, after school and heading west.
This trip brings an especially fun event for Honeybee and Jubilee because they are going to visit two dear friends from their orphanage. After a full day of appointments on Thursday, we’ll drive south to meet them and the girls will stay with them until Friday evening. Dimples and I are going to have a rare opportunity to be together all day Friday — just the two of us. I’m thinking about taking her to a pumpkin patch and corn maze. Does that sound like something a “fun” mom would do?
As long as this is a random post, here are a few more bits of randomness:
- I’m currently reading The Hole in the Gospel and Love and War. I’m liking both.
- Ladybug and I are watching live footage of the rescue in Chile as we work. I cry as each miner comes up; God’s mercy is great.
- Rusty is taking the PSAT this morning and we are hoping he will do very well.
- Russ’ parents left this morning to spend the winter in Mexico where they live and do ministry. We are sad to see them go. Last night after we tucked the kids in bed, Russ drove an hour north to their home and stayed the night. He saw them off this morning.
- Sweet Pea and Mimi are taking a road trip to Seattle this weekend. Sweet Pea is in the midst of her pediatrics rotation and her attending is taking Friday off, so she also gets the day off. She is excited to connect with med school friends, long time special friends, and her Seattle church family. Mimi always loves a road trip and is looking forward to seeing some of her favorite people, including one of her bridesmaids.
It’s time to finish packing and get the car loaded. I feel a little blue, like I don’t have it in me to make this trip. Once I’m on the road, I’m sure I’ll be fine, but somehow it feels hard to leave today.
I probably won’t blog again until I’m home, although I’m hoping that Rusty will announce the winners of my giveaway tonight…or tomorrow. His youth group is heading to a Corn Maze tonight. Thank you for sticking with me even when I’m not able to post as frequently as I would like.
This post may contain Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.